Adult Conversation Topic

Do women today know how to make a “happy home”?

1. 06 February 12, 4:10pm

I guess what needs to be clarified, is what ARE we considering to be a “happy home”. Cuz if we’re talking bout woman doin all the household things, well then I can confidently say “No!” I would also love for my man to do all the household duties and have dinner waiting for me when I get home from work and deal with all the kids stuff! The only reason tht is considered “womens work” is because that is the role women were given due to the thinking we are inferior. Everybody has a dif opinion on what makes a happy home! I could never be a stay at home mom, not my desire. But my idea of a happy home is basically what I have. My boyfriend and I share the bills, the housework, the kids stuff and we enjoy the same things. So society can take their standards and shove it because id rather be single and happy taking care of it all then in a relationship where I’m miserable and feel suffocated!

2. Monica
    06 February 12, 4:25pm

Yes women can make a happy home!!! I ask the question to a male friend; why do men cheat and his response was because we are NEVER SATISFIED. BUT within this generation nobody is actually looking for a happy home they are looking to get whatever thrill they can get and then move on to the next. its really hard to find someone that wants to have that happy home, this generation is just looking to get whatever they can get and not what they can build with that special someone.

3. 06 February 12, 5:11pm

I believe that a women can make a happy home. The real question should be can a couple keep a happy home? If everything falls on one person to keep it happy, somebody ain’t gonna be happy. It takes two to keep the happiness. My hubby and I have been together for 16 years. If I had to wait for him or he wait on me to find happiness we would have been divorced within the first year. Marriage is hard then if yor throw in children that double, but you have to both have agreement as to who is doing what and don’t do it looking for a reward. The reward is you took care of your family. Taking out the trash isn’t expected of me but if my man is tired and I’m not what harm is it doing? When I get home and I don’t feel like cooking, he will cook and clean the house. If your not feeling your spouse then you should step back and check yourself before you point your finger.

4. 06 February 12, 6:51pm

I’m unclear of what could be considered a “Happy Home.” I’m a single parent and I work a full time job. I cook, clean, teach my daughter as well as make time for us to hang out and have a good time. I’m also engaged to a woman who has a two daughter’s and the youngest of the two has very serious medical conditions, which keeps her back and forth to the hospital, which is over a 3 hour drive. I make time to go to the hospital to offer my support and make sure she has someone there to pick her up when she’s down.

I said all of that to say, a “happy home” is not determined by the woman. A “happy home” is determined by the amount of effort all parties are willing to put forth to make that home happy.

As a single parent, I can honestly say, my 11 year old daughter take a lot off of my plate, as she knows it’s not easy being a single parent. She knows I manage the financial and emotional aspects of our home and she makes sure she does everything on her side, to not add to my daily chores. She does this by keeping her room clean, picking up behind her, and managing her school workload on her own. In turn, I make sure I reward her with gifts, nights out in the town, and a comfortable living.

Same concept goes for my fiance. Because I know she has a lot on her plate, I try and unload as much of that stress as possible. Whether it’s cooking her dinner and bringing it over, or running an errand for her, or rubbing her back when she’s stressed, etc… I make sure I recognize that she’s going through a lot, even if I don’t fully understand the whats or whys.

A Happy Home is about ALL parties within that home, making it a happy home. This is not on the woman alone, it is as much the man’s responsibility as it is the woman’s and the children’s. If one party in the house is stressed out, it’s up to the other party to pick up the slack. To add to this, it is up the the man to be the strength of the family, so if both the man and the woman are stressed, that man has to put his stress to the side, and provide strength for his woman (wife), children.

5. 27 May 12, 10:37am

I see anything actually useful regarding your website then i preserved to be able to fav.

6. 17 June 12, 7:58pm

Fantastic Web page! I wondered if I could quote a portion of your world wide web web page and use a few things for your term paper. Please email me if that would be fine. Many thanks

7. 30 December 12, 10:42am

I have got 1 recommendation for your blog site. It seems like there are a handful of cascading stylesheet troubles while launching a selection of web pages in google chrome as well as firefox. It is operating fine in internet explorer. Perhaps you can double check that.